1. Always have a design plan that will enhance your current living space and help
create a new and fun environment for you and your family.
2. Make a wish list or home binder that you can include clippings and swatches in.
Be sure to include notes for yourself and your contractor. Having an idea of where
you plan to purchase these items will also help when establish a budget.
3. Whether you are interested in a home remodel or new construction make sure you
are working with licensed professionals. It is easy to check on a contractor’s license
online. You can check out Modaa Inc and other contractors on the CSLB web site.
4. You can also check the Better Business Bureau to see if your contractor is an
accredited business. Working with a professional will help you get a successful remodel
as the end result.
5. Always pick a general contractor that has a good reputation and strong customer
testimonials. Asking for referrals in always an option.
6. Think about the build value and the increased home resale value. Your contractor
should be able to lead you in the right direction and prepare you floor plans and
7. A growing family? If so, you might need to expand your living area to accommodate
8. Security is key! If you have the means then invest in a security system. Keep
your home and family safe from any unforeseen dangers.
9. Don’t forget about your front yard and back yard. The space can be used to improve
more energy efficiency
10. Remember: Your remodel or renovation should be a smooth and stress free process.
Demand excellence and nothing less when dealing with a contractor.